Monday 14 October 2013

Playing around with mount board

 
What can you do on a horrible cold wet day?  Well, luckily my new Lavinia stamps arrived so I decided to have a play with them.   The additions to my collection are:  Zen fern, Zen houses and a fern.  I've used the fern, along with the set bought from QVC recently, which included the fairy with the trumpet and also the stars stamp from the set.
 
 
 
I covered the mount board with Antique linen distress ink.  After masking off a moon area I went over with Squeezed lemon.  Around the edges I used the fern stamp with Vintage sepia versafine ink.
The hills were done using Forest pine distress ink.  Some of the stars are gilded, using Ali Reeve's mica boss and the gilding on the edge is done using the size from Sweet Poppy Stencils. I've used Tim Holtz black enamel on the trumpet.  I did use the Zen fern on the bottom but unfortunately it hasn't shown up in the photo.  I'm quite pleased with the result and hopefully will improve the blending technique.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment