Thursday, 31 October 2013

Lavinia stamps and wooden plaques

I've managed to get hold of some more wooden plagues to play with.  I've used a mixture of Adirondack inks and Versafine inks, along with some Tim Holtz black and white enamel for detailing. The flowers have all been dipped into ultra thick embossing powder in the melt pan.

It's quite hard to blend the inks on wood so after the first attempt I decided I'd just stamp directly onto the wood.  I'm not particularly keen on the last one but it was worth experimenting.

Wednesday, 16 October 2013

The only reasonable success out of many tries

Wow, it's cold here and rainy ..... So to keep myself out of bother I decided to have another play with my craft stuff.  I tried quite a few different projects today but only one turned out to be reasonable.

I'm getting the hang of brayering and really enjoying it.   So today I've used Purple twilight, Sunshine Yellow and Stream for the background and stars.  I've used Espresso for the  toadstools,  Vintage Sepia, Crimson red and Spanish moss versafine inks for the leaves.  I used Crafty Notions Autumn Rose gilding flakes and Hero Arts prisma glitter on the stars.  I hope I'm now reaching a good standard of work but must remember not to over crowd or make the cards too busy .....

Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Still trying

I thought I'd have a go again at brayering.  Thinking back to Tracey Dutton's demos at Ally Pally, Eileen's and Barbara's advice I've put my best foot forward.  Quite pleased with the result.  I've used Adirondack inks, mica boss for the gilding on the lettering (which didn't go quite as well as planned, so I stamped the words again in black and slightly offset them (more by luck). I dotted around some of the gilding size from Sweet Poppy on the top of the dandelions and used some gold ep on the stars.
Still got lots of work to do getting the perspective right. I'm getting braver. Btw, gilding flakes in the eye hurt a tad.
I'm toying with the idea of doing it again but this time putting the dandelion on the side and the wording on acetate over the top of the card.  Hmmmm decisions, will have to wait until I have time to dig out the acetate somewhere in the depths of my craft room.

Monday, 14 October 2013

Playing around with mount board

What can you do on a horrible cold wet day?  Well, luckily my new Lavinia stamps arrived so I decided to have a play with them.   The additions to my collection are:  Zen fern, Zen houses and a fern.  I've used the fern, along with the set bought from QVC recently, which included the fairy with the trumpet and also the stars stamp from the set.
I covered the mount board with Antique linen distress ink.  After masking off a moon area I went over with Squeezed lemon.  Around the edges I used the fern stamp with Vintage sepia versafine ink.
The hills were done using Forest pine distress ink.  Some of the stars are gilded, using Ali Reeve's mica boss and the gilding on the edge is done using the size from Sweet Poppy Stencils. I've used Tim Holtz black enamel on the trumpet.  I did use the Zen fern on the bottom but unfortunately it hasn't shown up in the photo.  I'm quite pleased with the result and hopefully will improve the blending technique.

Saturday, 5 October 2013

Door Hanger - Entry for October Lavinia challenge

I recently visited Ally Pally and bought a door hanger, which I painted with a linen acrylic paint.
Using the new stamps that I bought from QVC by Lavinia and another bought at Ally Pally I've made this door hanger as a present.  I've used glossy accents on the fairy and also some glamour dust.  Just hope it dries in time to give with the rest of the present this afternoon.

I'm not sure if these qualify as autumn colours, if so I might enter it into the Lavinia challenge for this month, so here's hoping it does.