Friday, 21 July 2017

 
 
Birthday card for my lovely son.  Not sure about the side bits,  It did need something on the sides but I think I could have planned it better.

I used an inkylicious stamp for the main part and used distress inks for the background.   The strip at the bottom was also and inkylicious stamp and distress inks.  I used a brush to blend the inks, I'm finding that I can get a better finish with the brushes, I still get odd spots or blobs using the little sponges or the distress ink tools.  I used the grasses for the sides but it was an after thought which didn't quite go to plan, next time I might put a piece of acetate over the top and plan the edge a bit better, I would be able to see the end result without having the problem of not being able to change it if I didn't quite like it.


Thursday, 22 January 2015

CAR REGISTRATION NO. RAY 9

Not had time to do any crafting lately but in case anyone is interested or knows a famous Ray, we are looking for a buyer for the number plate RAY 9.  So if anyone wants to make a serious offer for it, we will give it serious consideration.

Tuesday, 10 June 2014

June Lavinia Blog Challenge

 
I've been a bit lazy lately with my crafting, not had much time, lost my mojo.
So I've decided to let myself back in gently and downloaded a beautiful digi-stamp from Lavinia Stamps.
 
I have transferred the image on to a blank linen bag and sewn and glued on some buttons, bling and a butterfly.
 
I hope I've done justice to the beautiful image ........ my ironing isn't up to much, but care needs to be taken with the transfers after adding the bling and finishing the sewing.
 

 
You'll need to forgive the crease across the middle, linen isn't the easiest thing to iron.
 

Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Easter present for a diabetic

 
 
I found the most amazing things at Ally Pally show last weekend.
This is my first project, which will be a present for my diabetic mother in law.
It will also be my entry for this months http://blog.laviniastamps.com/ Spring colours.
 
 
This is the MDF jam jar that I bought from Anna Marie Designs

 
I've added a small note book and pen

 
I've used Lavinia stamps to create the boarder around the edge with gilding flakes
Forest Glade from Imagination crafts

 
I've also used a verse from Lavinia along with the Zen Butterfly and a stamps away mask
 

 
I've used the Toadstool houses and some Lavinia fairies and used mica powders to colour
The board was painted with Deco chalk paint, a piece of blue gingham and some lace ribbon, a feather and a few flowers.  I'm hoping this will be an acceptable entry to this months challenge.